In a recent blog post, we discussed committee minute availability. This week, we're continuing our focus on Texas legislative committees by taking a look at the library's Committee Search page.
The library's Committee Search page allows users to find information like committee membership, committee charges, published interim reports, and in some cases, committee minutes. You can use our committee search page to answer questions like:
- What were the standing and joint committees of the 69th Legislature?
- Has there ever been a committee to look at auto theft? (Answer: yes)
- What issues has the Senate Natural Resources Committee examined over the last 5 sessions?
- How long did the House Cultural and Historical Resources Committee exist and who served on it?
You can also search by committee member last name or by committee member role, which allows you to answer questions such as:
- What committees has my state senator or representative served on during their time in the legislature?
- Did he or she ever chair a committee?
- Who has chaired the Senate Finance Committee during its history?
There are many more committee-related questions that can be answered using our committee search page. For assistance or questions, please contact the library at (512) 463-1252.
Image: Committee search page on the LRL website.