The Legislative Archive System (LAS) recently has been updated with scans of the session laws for the 85th Regular Session and the 85th 1st Called Session. Use LAS to find bill information such as:
- Authors and sponsors
- Bill analyses
- Conference committee membership and reports
- Session law PDFs from General and Special Laws of Texas
- Signature statements by the Governor
- Signed copies of legislation
- Index to Sections Affected
- News clips and Current Articles from the library's journals, law reviews, and newsletters
- Bill-session law chapter cross reference. (In the direct search, you may search by bill number, or for a list of all legislation that became law, use "search by session law chapter," select 85th, leave the chapter space blank, and click "search by chapter.")
With Advanced Search, users can combine multiple search terms, such as authors/sponsors, subjects, caption keyword, etc. You also can search across multiple legislative sessions.
The Legislative Archive System is an ongoing project, so all of these documents and access points are not available for all sessions. You can find scanned PDF bill files from the 33rd–43rd (1913–1933) and 46th–79th (1939–2005); bill information for the 80th–85th Legislatures is also searchable in the database. See the project status chart for details.