In addition to our monthly New & Noteworthy service, you can view our new books page at any time to discover recent acquisitions to our print holdings. Currently the list includes history, biographies, constitutional law, books for our Young Texans section, and more. To arrange check out and delivery of any of these items (which circulate to the legislative community), please call the library at 512-463-1252.
In addition, several reports of interest to the legislative community have been published by the Texas Legislative Council in the past few months. Learn more about opioids, rural Texas, felony offenses, and constitutional amendments:
- Opioids in America: A National Crisis (from "The i's of Texas" infographics and interactives series). Part I and Part II have been released, with two more installments to come.
- Texas Urban vs. Rural (from "The i's of Texas" infographics and interactives series)
- Inventory of Texas Felony Offenses by Category, Current Through the 85th Legislature, 1st Called Session
- Amendments to the Texas Constitution Since 1876 Current Through the November 7, 2017, Constitutional Amendment Election
- Definitions of “Rural” in Texas Statutes and the Texas Administrative Code as of April 2018