Today's Committee Meetings on the LRL website is a calendar of interim committee hearings with links to agendas. Below are resources related to upcoming Interim Hearings.
- December 7
- December 8
Senate Committee on Health & Human Services
COVID-19: Examine clinical best practices, including therapeutics, for treating COVID-19 patients at each stage of the disease. Monitor the status of vaccine development and distribution.
- Curated Tracker of Treatment and Vaccine Development for COVID-19, Stanford Medicine, Stanford University, as of November 30, 2020
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information, Texas Department of State Health Services, last updated November 23, 2020
- Infectious Diseases Society of America Guidelines on the Treatment and Management of Patients with COVID-19, Infectious Diseases Society of America, last updated November 22, 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Clinical Guidance Repository, Association of American Medical Colleges, last updated November 20, 2020
- COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines, National Institutes of Health, last updated November 18, 2020
- COVID-19 Real-Time Learning Network (Clinical Guidelines & Guidance, Therapeutics & Interventions, Disease Manifestations & Complications, Vaccines & Immunity), Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Coronavirus: Operation Warp Speed, United States Department of Defense
COVID-19: Analyze the procedures for collecting, modeling, and reporting data on COVID-19 tests, cases, hospitalizations, and fatalities. Examine the role of state agencies, local governments, and private entities.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Hospital Reporting and FAQs: For Hospitals, Hospital Laboratory, and Acute Care Facility Data Reporting, United States Department of Health and Human Services, updated October 6, 2020
- "How a Glitchy Computer System Skewed Texas' Coronavirus Data and Hampered Its Pandemic Response," Texas Tribune, September 24, 2020
- Texas COVID-19 Data, Texas Department of State Health Services
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Surveillance and Data Analytics, COVID-19 Mathematical Modeling, About CDC COVID-19 Data), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- UT Austin COVID-19 Modeling Consortium, The University of Texas at Austin
- COVID-19 Dashboard (Interactive Data), The University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston
Senate Committee on State Affairs CANCELED
Senate Committee on Health & Human Services
Topic: COVID-19: Evaluate the effects of the COVID-19 public health emergency and the impact of the COVID-19 response on behavioral health, child abuse, family violence, long-term care residents, and delayed medical care.
- Chronic Disease Management During COVID-19 (Webinar), National Conference of State Legislatures, October 7, 2020
- "Uninsured Texans: Many More Lose Coverage in Pandemic," Fiscal Notes, Texas Comptroller of Pubic Accounts, October 2020
- Child Abuse and Neglect Risks During COVID-19, TexProtects, September 2020
- Trauma-Informed Strategies for Supporting Children and Youth in the Child Welfare System During COVID-19, Child Trends, September 2020
- "The Crushing Isolation of Nursing Homes During the Pandemic," Texas Tribune, August 14, 2020
- Strengthening Nursing Home Policy for the Postpandemic World: How Can We Improve Residents' Health Outcomes and Experiences?, The Commonwealth Fund, August 2020
- Finding Policy Responses to Rising Intimate Partner Violence During the Coronavirus Outbreak, Kaiser Family Foundation, June 11, 2020
- Projected Deaths of Despair from COVID-19, Well Being Trust, May 8, 2020
Senate Committee on State Affairs
Charge: Study how governmental entities use public funds for political lobbying purposes. Examine what types of governmental entities use public funds for lobbying purposes. Make recommendations to protect taxpayers from paying for lobbyists who may not represent the taxpayers’ interests.
- Legislators' Guide to the Issues 2021-2022: Taxpayer-Funded Lobbying, Texas Public Policy Foundation, September 24, 2020
- Limiting Public Funds for Lobbying, National Conference of State Legislatures, August 27, 2020
- Lobbying in Texas: A Guide to the Texas Law, Texas Ethics Commission, revised January 1, 2020
Charge: Study and recommend ways Texas can further protect the lives of the unborn, including fetal heartbeat legislation and any other law or regulation that protects life.
- State Legislation Tracker: Major Developments in Sexual & Reproductive Health (Abortion), Guttmacher Institute, as of November 15, 2020
- Alternatives to Abortion, As Required by 2020-21 General Appropriations Act, House Bill 1, 86th Legislature, Regular Session, 2019 (Article II, Health and Human Services Commission, Rider 80), Texas Health and Human Services Commission, December 2019
- State Laws on Fetal Homicide and Penalty-Enhancement for Crimes Against Pregnant Women, National Conference of State Legislatures, May 1, 2018
- Interim Report to the 85th Legislature (Charge 1B – Wrongful Birth), Texas Senate Committee on Health and Human Services, November 2016