Today's Committee Meetings on the LRL website is a calendar of interim committee hearings with links to agendas. Below are resources related to upcoming Interim Hearings.
- July 19, 2022
- July 20, 2022
July 19, 2022
House Committee on Culture, Recreation & Tourism (Canyon) CANCELED
Charge #3: Review state efforts to preserve and develop Texas state parks and open spaces to ensure affordable public access to outdoor recreational and educational opportunities.
- Natural Agenda: A Strategic Plan for Texas Parks and Wildlife, Fiscal Years 2023-2027, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, June 1, 2022
- Staff Report with Final Results: Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Sunset Advisory Commission, June 2021
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Self-Evaluation Report, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, August 2019
- Land and Water Resources Conservation and Recreation Plan, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, January 2015
- Education, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- Future Parks, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
July 20, 2022
House Committee on Defense & Veterans' Affairs
Charge: Examine programs and funding streams connected to services that improve mental health outcomes for servicemen and women suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
- Association of Traumatic Brain Injury With Mortality Among Military Veterans Serving After September 11, 2001, Journal of the American Medical Association, February 11, 2022
- UTSA Collaborative Study with DoD and VA Aims to Heighten Awareness, Improve Care for Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury, The University of Texas at San Antonio, February 11, 2021
- The National Health and Resilience in Veterans Study: A Narrative Review and Future Directions (Post-traumatic Stress Disorder), Frontiers in Psychiatry, December 9, 2020
- Veterans Recovery Pilot Program Evaluation Report, As Required by Texas Health and Safety Code Section 49.008, Texas Health and Human Services Commission, October 2020
- Treating PTSD: A Review of Evidence-Based Psychotherapy Interventions, Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, November 2, 2018
- Clinical Practice Guideline for the Treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in Adults, American Psychological Association, 2017
- Overview of VA Research on Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- VA Research on Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Topic: Update on Military Equipment available to local governments through the Texas Law Enforcement Support Office.
- Texas LESO Program, Texas Department of Public Safety