Today's Committee Meetings on the LRL website is a calendar of interim committee hearings with links to agendas. Below are resources related to upcoming Interim Hearings.
June 1, 2022
House Committee on Agriculture & Livestock
Charge 1: Monitor the agencies and programs under the Committee’s jurisdiction and oversee the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 87th Legislature. Conduct active oversight of all associated rulemaking and other governmental actions taken to ensure the intended legislative outcome of all legislation, including the following:
- HB 2089, relating to the detection and mitigation of plant pests and diseases;
- SB 1, Rider 27 (Department of Agriculture), which relates to determining methods to increase the number of grocery stores in food deserts; and
- SB 1, Rider 28 (Department of Agriculture), which relates to the Experimental Use Program for feral hog abatement.
Overview of the Herd Certification Program, a summary of the USDA report findings.
Charge 2: Study the access of the state’s agricultural industry to available capital through loans, grants, or other sources. Make recommendations to ensure the agricultural industry has sufficient access to available capital, as well as how the Texas Department of Agriculture can educate farmers, agricultural producers, and others about available sources of capital.
- Agricultural Lending: Information on Credit and Outreach to Socially Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers is Limited, U.S. Government Accountability Office, July 2019
- Grants and Loans, Texas State Programs, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Grants and Services, Open Grants, Texas Department of Agriculture
- Rural Grant Resources, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Charge 3: Study the impact on agricultural operations of governmental and regulatory requirements and practices including those that prevent or prohibit an activity that is a normally accepted agricultural practice, and make recommendations to facilitate and encourage agricultural production in the state.
- 2021 State Agriculture Overview, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Laws and Regulations that Apply to Your Agricultural Operation by Farm Activity, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, last updated May 3, 2021
- Interim Report to the 84th Legislature (Charge 2 – Texas Right to Farm Act), House Committee on Agriculture and Livestock, January 2015
- Agriculture and Consumer Protection Division, Texas Department of Agriculture
- Environmental Laws Affecting Farmers and Ranchers, Texas A&M University